Frequently Asked Questions

Q. When would I need you as my lawyer?

In an employment matter you should have an attorney throughout the process. Specifically including the Grievance, Application for Unemployment Benefits with South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce, EEOC Process and Litigation process.

Q. Can I handle my own legal problems?

No not in these types of matters. Employment Law in South Carolina is very convoluted and can be very difficult because of the broad and complicated landscape of wrongful termination, discrimination, hostile work environment, retaliation, grievance, unemployment benefits.

Q. Can I change attorneys?


Q. What should my attorney expect from me?

Complete and total participation.

Q. What should I expect when I hire an attorney?

Representation by an attorney should be a business relationship where the attorneys official job description is to walk you through the process by providing legal advice, information, guidance, suggestions, and as much hand holding is required. It is my job to walk you through the process and provide you the information to make you comfortably uncomfortable in the process.

Q. What should I look for in an attorney?

Experience in the area that you need the lawyer to help you with.

Q. How do you set your fees?

That depends on the case.

Q. What area of law do you practice in?

Employment and Labor law requires a certification in South Carolina in order to be specialized and despite 24 years of doing it I have never attempted to get that certification. I practice in the area of employment law, which includes Civil Rights, Wrongful Termination, Discrimination, Hostile Work Environment, Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Retaliation.

Q. Why do you practice in this area?

I now practice in the area of employment law because it is challenging and found that it is the way that I can help clients the most.